Barista Camp focuses on offering an opportunity to develop and learn as a barista, in a setting that promotes sharing ideas and experiences, and being part of a wider community. The event runs over 4 days and includes professional education, cutting-edge lectures and tastings, and loads of fun.
9-12 October 2017
Camp will start on Monday October 9th around 2pm, with registration already opening from 11am. The end time of the camp on Thursday October 12th depends on the optional certification, and when you are scheduled on. The latest exams will be around 1pm. In planning your flights, please note that our location is around 45minutes away from Poznan airport or 3h away from Berlin airport.
Following the successful format of Barista Camp 2016, we'll offer several educational tracks as part of the new SCA Coffee Skills Program alongside some brand new class options designed for the beginner barista. In addition we'll have the usual group lectures and tastings, and of course social activities to wind down. Each track consists of either one Intermediate module, or two Foundation level modules! There's a limited number of spots per track, so make sure you get in early to secure your place!
These are the available tracks:
- Barista Intermediate
- Brewing Intermediate
- Sensory Intermediate
- Your choice of 2 Foundation modules:
- Brewing Foundation & Sensory Foundation
- Brewing Foundation & Introduction to Brewing Equipment with Introduction to Competition
- Introduction to Coffee & Brewing Foundation
- Introduction to Coffee & Introduction to Brewing Equipment with Introduction to Competition
Have a look at the draft schedule above, and stay tuned for all the details on the trainers and the speakers!
Registration starts at €595 for Guild members and €695 for non-members (in shared rooms). Tickets include your preferred track of CDS modules, including certification, as well as all other educational and social, activities at camp, 3 nights of accommodation at the 4* Hotel Remes, and all of your meals.
Hotel Remes: Parkowa 48, 64-330 Opalenica, Poland
Barista Camp is headed to a rural location, this time in Eastern Europe. We'll be setting up Camp in Opalencia, a short drive from the historic city of Poznan. The city which is well know for it's beautiful old town as well as a large student population is located in the West of Poland, close to the border of Germany.
Hotel Remes is a modern hotel and spa complex, which will host all of Camp's educational activities, as well as accommodate and feed the delegates. Although in October it may not be beach weather anymore, we're sure that with an indoor swimming pool, a spa centre, and a large outdoor green area, we have plenty of ways to relax and have fun in the evenings too.
Hotel Remes is located in Opalencia, about 30km from Poznan, 160km from Wroclaw and 250km from Berlin. Depending on your location, Wroclaw or Berlin could offer a better connection or cheaper flights for you.
We will offer a shuttle service from Poznan airport, the shuttle will be €10 per person one-way, and tickets need to be booked in advance here. Please note that shuttle spaces cannot be guaranteed for tickets bought after September 15th.
If you arrive outside of these shuttle times, there is the option of a bus into Poznan and a train out to Opalencia or alternatively a taxi from Poznan Airport to Hotel Remes will cost around €25-30.
If you arrive before 9th October, or depart later than the 12th, you can stay extra nights at Hotel Remes in Opalencia (booked in advance via our ticket page), or it is an excellent opportunity to explore Poznan or further afield!
Here are some good value recommendations for accommodation in Poznan:
- Puro Hotel - http://purohotel.pl/pl/poznan – 4* hotel with great location, next to Old Market Square
- Palazzo Rosso - http://www.hotelpalazzorosso.pl/ – 3* also located right next to Old Market Square
- Hotel Andersia - http://www.andersiahotel.pl/ – 4* hotel, a bit more expensive, but with very good location right next to Stary Browar, a shopping and culture center with discos, restaurants, shops, etc - http://www.starybrowar5050.com/en/
- Hotel HP Park - http://poznan.hotelepark.pl/en/ – 3* hotel located right next to a Lake Malta – an artificial lake in Poznan. Great views, close to city center and shopping center Malta http://galeriamalta.pl/en