As part of our plans to establish an online 'Jobshub' for our barista members we are happy to publish that Nestlé seek a Master Barista to join their Innovations Team in Orbe. Read on for details of this opportunity and how to apply.
MASTER BARISTA - Permanent, Full Time
Our vision is to be recognised as the preferred, most innovative and highest quality coffee company globally. Our mission – to delight the consumer wherever, whenever, however by delivering moments of genuine pleasure and indulgence through the perfect coffee experience - drives the need for us to attract, select and develop the right people for the right jobs throughout the value chain of our business.
To complete our Innovation team in the Orbe Product Development Centre, we are currently looking for a Master Barista.
The main purpose of the job will be to create and develop the consumer-facing attributes of all future coffee-based beverage that will be launched in the markets in the coming years, and work with the innovation/product teams to translate coffee artistry into a final consumer product and industrialized solution.
• Drive the prototyping activity for coffee-based beverages at cup level for all NESCAFÉ and Coffee-mate innovation projects
• Develop the capability of the Innovation and Coffee teams on creating consumer-oriented coffee beverages
• Deliver prototypes based on modern coffee-shop creations and generate authentic coffee cups representing concepts and ideas from ideation sessions, that will be used to gather consumer feedback through consumer tests
• Develop innovative and creative end-cup propositions, not limited to recipe but including complete product experiences, based on new ingredient combinations (e.g. unusual flavors) and disruptive 5-senses experiences as well as be involved in the development of the packaging solution and communication proposition
• Develop home-based recipes and menus for NESCAFÉ products in order to maximize consumer preference and broaden the experience of our brands
• Research continuously information on novel food, beverage and coffee-shop trends
• Act as a NESCAFÉ ambassador, contributing to enhance the credibility of NESCAFÉ’s long-standing coffee reputation and credibility through proven expertise and sustained innovation capability
Education and experience:
• 3-5 years experience with proven skills on: coffee qualities, blending, roasting, grinding, brewing techniques, recipe formulation, food and beverage trends, creating coffee-shop beverages
• Experience, award/s on recognized barista competitions
• Experience working in a corporate environment is an advantage but not mandatory
Show us that you have the strong innovation spirit coupled with the entrepreneurial mindset we are looking for. A can-do, proactive attitude, a creative passion for coffee and good knowledge of food trends will also be key elements to your and our success. If you are interested in joining Nestlé as a Master Barista, please apply in English at www.nestle.com/jobs.