Barista Guild of Europe is seeking partners who are interested to support BGE and its events throughout the year. We're looking for companies of various types and sizes —from roasters and cafes over coffee importers and machine or tool manufacturers— that are committed to quality, genuinely value education and are looking to grow their brand across Europe.
We currently have opportunities available at all our upcoming events, both Barista Camp as well as CoLab, and are also accepting yearly proposals. Partnering with BGE provides excellent opportunities to promote your brand and share your product with an international audience of baristas and potential new wholesale accounts. We put your brand in the spotlight with the barista community, the beating heart of the specialty coffee industry.
Have a look at our Partnership Brochure, which outlines the most common partnership options and details the benefits and rewards.
CoLab: Antwerp | April 25-27
After the successful launch of CoLab in 2015, with editions in Prague and Paris, we're excited to continue the seminar series in Antwerp (Belgium), April 25-27. Antwerp has been on Europe's coffee map for a while, but it recently has seen a booming interest in speciality coffee resulting in new cafés popping up in addition to the established ones growing — together attracting increasingly curious, demanding and geeky consumers.
CoLab makes compelling education and thought-provoking ideas widely available to barista communities across Europe. Each CoLab, we bring a line-up of speakers to the stage, presenting new ideas on a range of subjects, challenging current practices or opinions, and encouraging the baristas to partake in the discussion. Supporting CoLab helps us to continue to give interesting voices a platform as well as make them easily accessible.
For international partners, CoLab is a great way to present your product to an emerging markets, to build new relationships or to strengthen existing ones. On the other hand, as a local company, CoLab is your window to a broader audience, giving a wide range of international baristas a chance to get to know you and to provide feedback.
Some of the partnership opportunities we have at CoLab:
- Title Partner (exclusive)
- Espresso Bar Partner (exclusive)
- Brew Bar Partner (exclusive)
- Coffee Partner (6 available, at a first come, first serve base)
- Social Partner (various options available, supporting the value of networking and social activities)
Barista Camp 2016
Barista Camp is BGE’s key event for the European barista community, presenting a unique opportunity to develop and learn in a setting that promotes education, sharing ideas, new experiences, and being part of a wider community. Every year, the event attracts around 200 baristas for four coffee-fuelled days of education, discussion, tastings and fun.
Benefits to Barista Camp Partners include:
- a truly unique opportunity to develop strong and ongoing relationships
- network with a team of talented and experienced trainers, as well as a selection of truly inspiring, thought-provoking speakers who are able to provide feedback so you can perfect your product
- a gateway to baristas at the start of their career, as well as experienced top baristas and retailers —who often have a strong purchasing or decision making power— who attend Camp to hone their skills, connect with the community and develop business relationships
- facilitate hands-on training and practical skills on your product
- get feedback from the people using your product on a daily basis
- align your brand with education, quality, and a professional community
We have a very wide range of Barista Camp opportunities available:
- new: Scholarship Partner - send 5 lucky baristas to Camp
- Espresso Machine Partner
- Brewing Equipment Partner
- Grinder Partner
- Water Partner
- Product Partner (including smallwares, milk, aprons, cleaning equiment, etc)
- Coffee Partner (6 available, at a first come first serve base)
- Social Partner
- ... and many more
Barista Camp 2016 takes place in late summer. While we're currently choosing the perfect venue and dates, some partnership opportunities are already taken. Don't wait until it's too late.
How to apply?
Most of our partnerships do not follow a rigorous bid process and are selected at a first come, first serve basis, of course taken into consideration previous long-term partnership relationships and a necessary alignment of our mission and values. This creates a level 'playing' field giving smaller, or lesser-known brands, an opportunity to get involved. Please note that the Coffee Partnerships are usually taken very quickly, we apologise if you miss out.
For more information and details, please download our Partnership Brochure, and email us an indication of your wishes and budget. We're eager to start building a partnership package that is tailored to your business.