One of the goals of the BGE is to put the focus on the experiences of the baristas that make up the rich and diverse European coffee community. We have decided to reach out to our membership to learn more about your journeys so far.
The basis for the Spotlight takes form in two formats (outlined below), which you can contribute to as much or as little as you see fit. The sky's the limit!
1) Barista Spotlight
Introduce yourself to your community! Please answer the following questions, or share any other information you'd like your community to know. The format is entirely up to you.
If you are happy to have your image used, please send us a good resolution JPEG of you which we can use once the Spotlight is published on our social media / BGE newsletter.
- What is your name?
- Where are you from and where do you work?
- What piqued your interest to be involved in the specialty coffee industry?
- How do you define community?
- What made you want to get involved with the BGE?
- What did you take away from your experience at the BGE event you attended/volunteered at?
- What is your most memorable coffee moment to date?
2) Community Spotlight
We would love to promote your local community and get your personal insight into what it means to be a barista where you are. The format is entirely up to you. Starter ideas include:
- A blog post to show us your personal tour of your go-to spots.
- Your personal take on how the community has evolved/grown alongside the culture surrounding it.
- A photo series of others and mini-bios of people in your community that you think are local coffee champions.
The amount you'd like to contribute is entirely up to you. Should you like to contribute to both aspects, it would be a pleasure to showcase more about the coffee community – or communities – you are part of!
If you have any questions or would like to discuss any ideas, please don't hesitate to get in touch! You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.