The Barista Guild of Europe and Speciality Coffee Association of Europe have begun the search for a new Barista and Roaster Guild Coordinator to assist the current staff in running these two essential initiatives within the specialty coffee community.
About the role
Full-time. Immediate start
This full-time position, based in Europe, involves providing support in all aspects of the day-to-day running of both Guilds, including event planning and production, fundraising, marketing and communications, and administration.
The Guild Coordinator will report to the Guild Manager, under the direction of the BGE and RGE Working Groups and SCAE Membership Committee, and will liaise closely with the SCAE executive team.
Qualifications & Competences
- Focused, self-motivated professional with background in and interest towards the speciality coffee industry
- Fluency in English
- Good writing and communication skills
- Outstanding customer service standards and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisation and administration skills with a strong eye for detail and efficiency
- Ability to manage own time and prioritise tasks to meet set goals and project deadlines.
- Knowledge of SCAE and the Coffee Diploma System a distinct advantage
- Experience or background in fundraising a plus
- Proficient with computers (Mac OS preferred), spreadsheets, word processing, on-line cloud systems and project management tools.
- Proficient with digital and social media — familiarity with design suites or graphic design skills a bonus
- Bachelor degree or similar preferred
- Willingness to travel (mostly in Europe)
- Flexibility to work outside of regular office hours, as well as take on any task that needs doing to ensure the success of the projects
Duties & Responsibilities
The Guild Coordinator will assist the Guild Manager in the day-to-day coordination and planning of all BGE and RGE events and activities. The exact task-package will be varied and determined in discussion with the Guild Manager depending on the Coordinator’s background and skill-set, and consists of the following aspects:
Event planning and production
- Scouting for suitable locations and event venues
- Liaising with different logistic and production partners, as well as SCAE Events team
- Assisting with program creation and planning, including education, social, AST and volunteer selection, etc.
- Managing different stakeholders before, during and after the event
- Solicit and report on feedback from different stakeholders
Marketing and communications
- Writing blogposts, newsletters, press releases and social media messages
- Website management and updates
- Maintain relations with contractors or staff for marketing, graphic design, and media development
- Assist in media partnership development
- Design or assist in the production of event marketing, artwork, signage and promotional materials
- Assist in merchandise product selection
- Evaluate promotional and social media campaigns
- Assist in attracting partners for all Guild activities and events as well as evaluating new partnership opportunities
- Creation of sponsorship contracts
- Assist in partnership communications including collecting feedback
- Assist in the delivery of all contracted benefit packages
- Assist in the creation of partnership brochures and event reports
- Answer day-to-day emails and information requests about membership, partnership, events and all aspects of the organisation
- Assist in basic budgeting and expense administration
- Take minutes of meetings and write reports
Compensation package based on experience and skills. The opportunity for performance-based bonus may be developed. Flexible working environment.
To apply for this unique opportunity, please send a .pdf copy of your CV and a brief cover letter to email@example.com. The application deadline is January 10th, and interviews will take place in Chelmsford, UK between January 18th and 20th.