Only 2 sleeps till CoLab: Prague!
Did you already notice we're excited for everything we have in store for you in Prague this coming May 21-23rd? Read on for some more info on the schedule, arriving into Prague and how to get around!
We've released the full schedule of events — no need to print, we'll hand it to you! — and it's going to be hard to pick highlights as we think each bit of it is awesome:
- an incredible line-up of speakers covering everything from coffee physics (Christopher Hendon) to psychology (Adam Neubauer) and from competition (Erna Tosberg) to career development (Tibor Varady), with lots of other things in between, like extraction theory (Chahan Yeretzian) and a kick-ass female head roaster and business owner (Joanna Alm)
- discovering what's brewing in Prague through a cupping of locally roasted coffees
- playing with Gravimetrics thanks to our Gold Partner Nuova Simonelli
- a choice of walking tours, from historical over street art and underground music to a homeless perspective
- learning about Tamper Tantrum's new and much anticipated coffee competion
- coffee meet-ups with new and old friends in some of Prague's most exciting cafes
- silly dancing and enjoying delicious local beer
- learning about Prague's history while sailing past majestic buildings on a boat cruise
- geeking out over new yet-unpublished research from university scientists: both Chahan Yeretzian and Chris Hendon will enlighten us with new experiments and data!
- Prague and it's blossoming cherry trees in spring
We can't wait to welcome y'all on Thursday from 3:30pm at Cafe Jedna, Dukelských hrdinů 47
170 00 Praha 7. For those who're only joining us on Friday, we're starting from 9am at NTK Balling Hall, Technická 6/2710, 160 80 Praha 6.
Arriving into Prague
If you’re a fan of public transport, Prague has some wonderful options available when arriving into the airport! For those arriving before the start of our program, we recommend the “Zvlastni Linka Airport Express”, which brings you directly to the Prague Main Railway station in approximately 35 minutes (60 CZK, must be purchased from driver) - from where you can find transport options to your accommodation. For those joining us directly at Cafe Jedna, the best option is to take the 119 Bus to Nadrazi Veleslavin (about 15 minutes) then take Tram 26 to Strossmayerovo Náměstí (about 20 minutes) and then walk north for about 2 minutes. There is a handy map of Prague’s public transport available here.
Tickets are available from the public transport counters in the arrival halls of Terminal 1 & 2, from the automats at bus stops (cash only), and from a bus driver directly (cash only). You can find more information on bus, metro, and tram fares here (one ticket suffices for all public transport in Prague, and is purchased based on duration after validation). If you’re planning on using public transport the entire time you’re in Prague, they also offer a 3 day ticket (310 CZK).
Getting to the venue on May 22nd
Our program during the day on Friday May 22nd takes place at the National Library of Technology, located in the Dejvice district. We welcome you from 9am for your morning coffee - and start the first lecture at 10am sharp. Make sure you plan enough time for transport and a nice breakfast at one of Prague's many tasty spots!
NTK - Balling Hall
160 80 Praha 6 – Dejvice
- Metro A to Dejvicka: get off at the Dejvicka station and juse the Solinova/Vyoske Skoly exit
- Tram Stops: Lotysska and Dejvicka
- Bus Stop: Dejvicka
- The Prague Public Transport Website offers assistance in mapping your route.