We've recently released our bylaws, answering questions on BGE ownership, membership and direction. While we are an integral part of SCAE, we have our own volunteer Working Group who drives BGE forward, determines its activities and future. At the moment, the working group of BGE is made up of a small group of volunteers who got in touch because they wanted to be involved in seeing this initiative grow. From now on, we want the working group to be made up of people who want to drive it to its next stage, chosen by the members it hopes to serve.
As autumn is upon us, and we're sliding into the final part of the year, we're looking for new Working Group members. Being part of the working group gives you a chance to listen and stand up for your community, give back, and create opportunities for baristas to meet, learn, develop and grow.
We'll be holding elections for these 5 roles:
- Events Co-Ordinator
- Community Co-Ordinator
- Communication Co-Ordinator
- Education Co-Ordinator
- Finance and Partnership Co-Ordinator
- Membership Co-Ordinator
Each of these Co-ordinators will take ownership over a certain aspect of our organisation, and will coordinate strategy and plans, with the assistance of the BGE Executive, and as determined by the whole working group and overseen by the Chair.
These are volunteer positions, and we estimate the working load as follows:
- Two (2) full working hours each week devoted to BGE activity.
- Hours applied to attendance of 8 monthly scheduled 1-hour Skype meetings.
- Attendance of 4 quarterly, full-day Working Group meetings within Europe.
- Between meetings Working Group members drive assigned tasks with clear communication between members and the executive of BGE and SCAE.
We are now accepting nominations. If you're interested in getting involved, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Join the working group' and providing the following:
- a head-shot picture
- a small 'manifesto' presenting the direction you'd would like BGE to move (max. 300 words)
- your preferred role, and why (elections will take place per role)
We advice you to read through our by-laws, as well as encourage you to also send a short CV or bio along. Please note that to accept your nomination you need to be a BGE member. The deadline for nominations and/or candidacies is 30 September 2015.
As a BGE Member, you will be able to vote for your working group, essentially determining the voice and leadership of BGE. We will communicate all nominees here on our website under 'BGE' heading. The official voting will open on October 8th, and all (paid-up) members will receive personal instructions.